Monday, June 4, 2012

The Wild Hogs Stole My Title

So, I thought I was brilliant.  I thought about starting a blog about the ins and outs, behind the scenes and what goes on in the trenches of the deep, dark........wait for it...........  music business.  And the phrase - The Road to Somewhere kept creeping into my mind, because I was like - I'm going somewhere, right?  Someone tell me I'm on the road to SOMEWHERE!!!!??!?!  So, as any good blogger/writer/entrepreneur would do - I looked up -www.theroadtosomewhere.com  and come to find out it's the official blog of the The Wild Hogs. I'm not talking about the animal or the silly movie - these guys are FO REAL. For those of you who don't know who they are - they are a biking group - a motorcycle riding group is a bit clearer.  They call themselves "just a group of schmucks who like to ride."  Love it.  I have to say - their blog is pretty bad ass.  Maybe I should just go get a Harley and join them, then we can all live as a happy family on the Road to Somewhere.  


I thought about starting a twitter account as "Not the real Megan Conner" and tweeting crazy things about the business and celebrities anonymously, but 2 things wrong with that - numero uno - no one knows who Megan Conner is, and dos - it's already been done.  Next...


What do I have to say?  What do I have to share that will impart knowledge and inspiration?


I remember singing to Whitney Houston, Vanessa Williams and particularly Mariah Carey's "Vision of Love" at the top of my lungs in my room when I was young.  (It was NOT pretty.)  At that age and even as I got older, I enjoyed all types of music and never gave a thought to where the music came from - I just assumed Mariah came up with all of that brilliant junk about love and heartbreaks.  Well, come to find out - a lot of people still think that the artist is the one coming up with the songs, and so many people out there don't know what really goes on behind the scenes in the music biz.  From the process of a song being written to how it ends up on the radio...is truly insane.  This business is the craziest, most wonderful and hateful thing I've ever been a part of and it drives people nuts, rips their hearts out, takes lives, makes them fall in love, gets them high and then comes from behind like a shadow and steals all of the light away.  It's drama at it's finest.  (Makes for a good blog, huh?)


I've been meaning to do this a long time.  So, world - here I am... In the middle of Nashville, Tennessee, stuck smack dab in the music business, struggling, loving and hating what I do, always seeking inspiration, looking for the next idea, excited and scared to death of the future...and on the road to somewhere...I think.  :)

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was an error in English. The following is the right post.

      Delete
  2. Hello Megan. You say in this post that the U.S. music industry is crazy, beautiful and hideous at the same time. I agree with you. Here in Brazil is the same thing.

    I work in music since 1989 (joined my first band when I was 14) and since then my relationship with the music business has been a relationship of love and hate, too. Also had wanted to scream "I'm here in the middle of Rio de Janeiro, listen to me," as you did on this post.

    I think our path is very similar. I understand how you feel.

    Good luck! I will always be supporting you and your art.

    MG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlo - it's always good to know there are others out there feeling the same! It's good to share stories, huh? That's what I hope this will be - a place where people can come and share what they are going through/have been through and what their hopes are. There's a lot of good out there, but unfortunately some of the best things are never heard. I believe even if they are heard by 1 person - it can change a life. :) Thank you for your support and friendship - it means so much!!!

    Blessings!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! If 1 person heard... it can change the world. Change this person world...

      Blessings! Rock on!

      MG

      Delete